Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Rascal Flatts Are Filling Out


Although Rascal Flatts got their start in Nashville none of the three members hail from Tennesee. After reading their Country Music Television biography I found out that both Gary LeVox (Lead singer) and Jay DeMarcus (Bassist) actually grew up in Ohio and later met Oklahoma native and lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney at a bar.

Their self-titled first album was a success in 2000 sending three of their songs into the top 10 and they've seen such successes since then. Their most recent album, 'Still Feels Good' sprouted the hit 'Take Me There' which debuted at No. 24 on the charts which I found on the Great American Country site. I actually had never heard of it but my boyfriend who happens to be from a country-ridden town in northern Florida, explained that it's just like the CMT. Thanks Eric!



Anyway, I decided to look on their official website and I'd like to say it's very well put together. But the point is, is that if you check out their biography on the site you can learn a heck of a whole lot. For instance, I now know that these guys seem genuine and are all about their fans. LeVox had said, "We've worked really hard from day one and we know who employs us. It's the fans, and we've tried to give back to them musically what they've given us. We love them like they love us." This I feel deserves an Awwww!

What more could you want? Rascal Flatts are moving on up in the music business and I think they deserve every bit of success they receive.

Don't forget to see them at the Sound Advice Ampitheater in West Palm Beach Saturday Nov. 3 at 8 p.m. These boys are quite the commodity!

No comments: