Monday, October 29, 2007

Bayside Is Not Falling By The Way Side




Are you talkin' to me?

No...I'm not really. But when I discovered that Bayside was from New York I had to get my DeNiro on.

Although Bayside has been together since 2000, they are just starting to get recognized as an up and coming band. Their latest album The Walking Wounded, has rocketed these boys to fame and they're currently on tour. Next stop, Club Revolution in Fort Lauderdale and let me tell you, I'm on board!

While reading about them on Pure Volume I found out that this is their fourth album and that they were inspired by the tragic car accident which took drummer John Holohan's life. Guitarist Anthony Raneri explained that the album is about "overcoming the physical and emotional scars in life." To read more about this check out the article.

What I found really interesting though about Bayside is that they support the cause To Write Love On Her Arms. The reason is, is because my friend told me all about this organization and I had never really seen it anywhere. The purpose of the organization is to help teens and young adults out of depression and addiction which I found on the offical website. I am so inspired by artists who do more than just give their music to the people. They give a piece of themselves to aid others they may never meet.

With all that Bayside has gone through they haven't ceased to please their fans. Their Victory tour is going on strong and won't be done until Dec. 8 allowing fans to catch them all over the country.

Catch Bayside along with June, The Sleeping, A Day To Remember and Driver Side Impact Saturday Nov. 3 at 6 p.m. at Club Revolution. This is guaranteed to be a crazy and exciting show and all for only $12!

No comments: