Friday, October 19, 2007

Deaf, Blind and Mute Math


Mute Math has been growing a steady fan base since they formed together in 2003 in New Orleans. And this past summer, I became a fan after hearing their song "Typical. I actually really love it and the video is really creative.

If you haven't ever heard of or checked out the site PureVolume you seriously need to. You can find thousands of artists on there and when looking for Mute Math I found some cool stuff. I now know that vocalist/keyboardist Paul Meany, drummer Darren King, guitarist Greg Hill and bassist Roy Mitchell-Cardenas all grew up together.

Being such a young band means they've had to work extra hard to gain their success but they are known for their non-stop touring and numerous video blogs as I read on PureVolume.com. If you want to hear a little sampling of what they do check out their MySpace page.

If you like what you hear then you definitely should check them out Nov. 1 at Revolution in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Tickets are ONLY $16. I think that's a fair price to pay for an eclectic mix of music.

No comments: