Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hellogoodbye! Wait! Before you go...Say Anything!


Two poppy rock inspired bands are coming to the Fillmore in Miami Nov. 7 and guess who they are? That's right! Hellogoodbye and Say Anything will be sporting their cute nerd images tonight.

Hellogoodbye hails from Long Beach, CA where the sun is always shining and you can definitely feel that in their songs. I think Yahoo! music says it all when describing their music as a "playful brand of indie power pop infused with sugary sweetness, catchy dance beats, and enough energy to tire a group of five-year-olds." Yep that about does it.

If you haven't heard any of their songs I suggest you get right on it! My personal fav was a hit entitled "Here In Your Arms" and let me tell you, it definitely encompasses a mix of the 80's era...which I absolutely LOVE!

Hellogoodbye only came together in 2002 but over these past five years they have honed their sound and continue to make new fans.

On the opposite end of the spectrum Say Anything produces music with a little bit more of an edge. I personally know them as a bunch of horny teenagers but in reality...wait they kind've are.

As I read on Yahoo! music the band is kind've like Menudo in a way. Members in the past rotated in and out until about 2004 when the current line up came together.

Now consisting of six uber cute young men, Say Anything is a powerhouse of pop-punk and overcame singer/songwriter of the group, Max Bemis' downfall with bi-polar disorder. Again, Yahoo! music was my source when I found out they had to cancel two tours in 2005 to deal with the issue. Thankfully, they were able to sort things out and re-release the original album along with a bonus EP.

Again, if you haven't ever listened to them you should consider starting to. Two hits they've had are "Alive With The Glory Of Love" and "Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too." I personally enjoy that second title.

I know this has been a long one but with two great bands playing in South Florida I just couldn't resist. Don't forget to buy your tickets!

No comments: