Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fuel Is Coming...Don't Get Trapt!


It seems like nowadays everyone is teaming up! We see it again with Trapt and Fuel but hey, I'm not complaining!

Trapt formed in Los Gatos, CA in 1995 which was during the height of the grunge era. Remember flannel and unwashed oily hair? I've been trying to forget. However, the quad broke away from the norm and deviated towards heavy metal.

On MSN music I found that they actually opened up for such bands as Papa Roach, Dredg and Spike 1000 all before high school graduation! Unfortunately, as good little boys do they each went away to college but even with the pressures of school they managed to release their third album in 2000. Not long later though, they decided to fully pursue their musical careers and head to Los Angeles.

As fate would have it, the boys were recognized and signed by Warner Bros. after performing a 9/11 benefit concert. Bam! There ya have it! Everything fell into place and now we have such great hits from them as "Headstrong."


Now on the other hand, Fuel has been together since 1989 which makes me feel young again considering I was only three when they formed.

I grew up hearing their hits and really didn't know much about them but what I found on Yahoo! music was that they debuted in 1996 with an independent disc which sold 10,000 copies. Not too shabby for a first go if you ask me!

After getting recognized for their EP they released their second album, "Something Like Human" which had the track "Hemorrage (In My hands)" and let me tell you. That song does NOT get old! It even reached 17 on the Billboard charts!

Currently, Fuel has seen a change in the tides with the "amicable" departure of lead singer Brett Scallions but have since found a replacement. Only time will tell if their next release will be as successful as those with Scallions but I'm going to remain optimistic about this one.

If you want to see Trapt and Fuel Friday Nov. 16 this is what you need to know.

Where: Revolution in downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Time: Doors open at 4 p.m. and the show starts at 5 p.m.

Of course you might want to buy tickets....do it NOW!

No comments: