Friday, December 7, 2007

Band Making Headlines, Angels And Airwaves


Looking at this bands picture many of you may recognize the front man, Tom Delonge as the former singer and guitarist of Blink 182. He's back with a vengeance and creating music reminiscent to Blink but with a twist.

Angels and Airwaves came together to make their 2006 debut with "We Don't Need To Whisper" and quickly gained interest. Currently they're seeing success with the hit "Everything's magic" which is off their most recent album "I-Empire."



PureVolume.com intereviewed Delonge and he said this album is "a hybrid of everything about alternative music that I grew up listening to, like punk rock music and new wave." Personally, I love new wave and bits of punk rock so I think I'm just going to have to buy this album.

Of course MSN music showed me that no band's career runs smoothly so unfortunately the bassist Ryan Sinn left the band. But in no time was replaced with 30 Seconds To Mars' Matt Wachter. Which only leads me to think, "Did 30 Seconds To Mars have troubles too?" Only time will tell.

Although relatively young, Angels and Airwaves consists of experienced musicians and their show is guaranteed to be one you want to catch. They're coming to Revolution in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday Feb. 5 at 6:30 p.m. And tickets are only $26.50.

No comments: